Assistant Professor, National Chengchi University,
Assistant Professor, National Tising Hua University,
Assistant Professor, National Central University,
Director, Financial Engineering Association.
Mr. Rich Ong is an entrepreneur with proven records penetrating into incipient markets. He has more than 20 years working experience in the Financial Technology (FinTech) field. He has empirical industry experience, with sound theoretical background. He has well-developed network with senior level contacts in government, industry, academia, research fields, over the Asia Pacific.
Prior to his role as a startup, Rich has held a variety of senior positions within the Financial Technology world. He held senior business development roles at British Telecom, he worked as senior role at the Great China areas with Thomson Reuters, he also held Assistant Vice President of E-business at Taishin Financial Holding Company. During his tenure, he successfully rolled out many financial services.
Rich is a regular and public speaker on topics like startups operations, technology trends, and financial markets dynamics. Because of his great experiences, he has been invited by some distinguished universities as Assistant Professor conducting Financial Technology (FinTech) courses since 2016. At present, there have been hundreds of students from different schools who have taken Rich’s course.
He has compiled his depth of insights into books, the first one is ‘Foundations & Applications of Financial Technology’, published in Feb, 2020. The second book is ’The 14 Lessons of Corporate Finance’ published in June, 2021, which he is one of the co-authors with the distinguished professors of Department of Finance of National Central University. He is also the columnist for some popular newspaper and magazines.
More than 20-year experience as business executives with multi-national companies,
- more than 15 years with Thomson Reuters, as high-level executives of product development, sales and marketing, business development, in the Greater China Area,
- The 1st top-level Business Executives at Taiwan branch of British Telecom,
- Assistant Vice President of E-business at Taishin Securities Co.
Areas of Strength
- Blockchain Applications,
- Big Data Analytics on Financial Markets,
- Intelligent Robo-Advisors on Wealth Management,
- Business Strategy, New Business Development,
- Startups & Team Leadership.
- 【The System Architecture of Robo-Advisors under Financial Technology Coverage】, 2016 Taiwan Academic Network Conference, (TANET 2016)，19-21 October, 2016，Hualien, Taiwan.
Award of Contest
- Award of the 3rd place – 【Fintech track】 at <2016 21st The International ICT Innovative Service Award>
- <The Importance of Risk Management of Regulations while Developing FinTech>, p-92-95，Aug, 2021，《Taiwan Bankers》，published by Taiwan Academy of Banking and Finance,
- <5G heralds new era in financial services> – TaipeiTimes, 2019/12/31,
- <Build an O2O Financial Experience for Customers> – Storm Media，2017/08/24，
- <Indian Government Makes Efforts on Digital Payments to Move forward to Cashless Economy>, Storm Media, 2017.04.08
- 【Trends v.s. Your Advantages】, published on one of the most popular network media – <Storm Media>.
- 【The Rise of Robo-Advisors and Its Impact on Personal Wealth Management 】, p-52-54，No. 77, May 2016，《Taiwan Bankers》，published by Taiwan Academy of Banking and Finance,
- 【The New Focus of Wealth Management– HENRYs and Robo-Advisors】, published on one of the most popular network media – Storm Media, 2016/07/04，
- 【Three Suggestions on Developing Financial Technology Talents】,– Storm Media, 2016/09/03，
- 【Trends v.s. Your Advantages】, published on one of the most popular network media – <Storm Media>，2016/10/09，
Lecture and Teaching
- Speech at Legislative Yuan, Taiwan, 2018/07/18,
- Judge @ final round of Fintech Competition, 2018/07/02,
- Keynote Speech of【Information Security under Finance Technology 】,at <Summit of International Information Security Organization>, 2017/07/13
- Lecturer of 【Innovations and Smart Banking】, FinTech forum, Taiwan Academy of Banking and Finance (TABF), 2017/07/10,
- Lecturer of 【Disruptive Digital Wealth Management – Practices and Applications】, FinTech Base forum, 2017/07,
- Lecturer of 【Platform Economy with Innovation Opportunity on Finance Market】, FinTech Base forum, 2017/04,
- Moderator and Panelist of 【Smart Finance – Innovation of Fintech on Smart City】forum, by Taipei Computer Association of Taiwan (TCA), 2017/02,
- Panelist of【2016 VC/PE Summit–the Cooperation between Zhejiang and Taiwan】, at Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China, 2016/09/25~27,
- Keynote Speaker of【Grab Opportunities under Rise of FinTech 】forum, at Taiwan Academic Network Conference (TANET 2016), 2016/10/19,
- Lecture of【Disruptive Digital Wealth Management, by Computer Science and Information Management Association (CSIM), 2016/07/30,
- Panelist of 【Academic Form on Financial Engineering】, held by Financial Engineering Association of Taiwan (FeAT), 2016/05/22,
- Panelist of【Innovation on Financial Technology】forum, held by <Research Center for Information Technology Innovation>，Academia, Sinica, Taiwan, 2016/09/02，
- Lecturer of 【Practice on Writing Business Proposal for Start Ups】, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Economics, Taiwan, 2016/04,
- Lecturer of【Embrace the Rise of Finance Technology】at EMBA program, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan, 2016/06/21.
- Lecturer of 【Finance Technology on Wealth Management】, Department of Information Management of Tatung University Taiwan, 2015/12,